"In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model.
You create a new model and make the old one obsolete.
That, in essence, is the higher service to which we are all being called."
~ Buckminster Fuller ~
Welcome to the P2P Foundation
The P2P Foundation is an international organization focused on studying, researching, documenting and promoting peer to peer practices in a very broad sense. This wiki is our knowledge commons.
For a quick introduction see our 2015 summary 'What does the P2P Foundation do?'.
Our Key Resources
Who We Are
Overview of P2P Transition Proposals
- Las Indias summarizes recent p2p thinking from the period 2012-2013 
- a good summary of the triarchical proposal to simultaneously transform civil society, the market and the state 
- political organizing:
- 1) local change through civic Alliances of the Commons and Chamber of the Commons producing social charters to recreate local political majorities  ;
- 2) the global alliance of the commons at nation-state level and beyond 
We are looking for maintainers for our subject pages! Interested?
The P2P Paradigms
The Three Aspects of Application in Society
- P2P Civil Society Approaches
- P2P Market Approaches
- P2P State Approaches
The Peer-Driven Collaborative and Ethical Economy
is based on
Collaborative Economic Practices
Open Company Formats
that aim to
and create income through
Open Business Models
and find investments through
Crowdfunding and P2P Finance
P2P Value Metrics and Open Accounting
that are enabled through new
P2P Technological Infrastructures.
This necessitates the construction of
Shared Innovation Commons
Open and Distributed Manufacturing
New P2P Culture
How P2P Influences Society
P2P Foundation Calendar 2015
Companies with P2P business models
Conferences on P2P topics
Courses: P2P Curricula
Encyclopedia : New! Mini-version
Individuals, Who's Who in P2P
Licences: open and free licenses
Movements, P2P and commons-oriented org's
Research on P2P
Resources and tools
Statistics on P2P trends
Articles on P2P topics
Books on P2P topics
Fiction with P2P themes
Podcasts and Audio
Webcasts and Video
Our Printed Books
- French: Sauver le monde. Vers une société post-capitaliste avec le peer-to-peer. Par Michel Bauwens et Jean Lievens. Les Liens qui Liberent, 2015.
- Dutch: De wereld redden. Met peer-to-peer naar een postkapitalistische samenleving. Van Michel Bauwens en Jean Lievens. Houtekiet, 2013.
P2P Provisioning Systems
Ten essential provisions for human life:
- Air Water Food
- Health Care
We function as a clearinghouse for open/free, participatory/p2p and commons-oriented initiatives.
We aim to be a pluralist network to document, research, and promote peer to peer alternatives. Our political aims could be summarized under the following maxims:
- ending the destruction of the biosphere by abandoning the dangerous conceptions of pseudo-abundance in the natural world (i.e. based on the assumption that natural resources are infinite);
- promoting free cultural exchange by abandoning the innovation-inhibiting conceptions of pseudo-scarcity in the cultural world (i.e. based on the assumption that the free flow of culture needs to be restricted through excessive copyrights etc...).
How to support us?
- How you can help us?; How To Contribute; How to Write for our Wiki; P2P Foundation Wiki Requested Articles
- Why is participation to the P2P Foundation not totally open?
- Important notice on COPYRIGHT: Fair Use Notice
.....Our three strategic priorities for 2015-2016 are:
- stream 1: co-creating and catalyzing the alternative eco-system for open and cooperative peer production and reconstruction and economic and social power around the commons (this includes work on our Commons-Based Reciprocity License, Open Cooperativism and Phyles, and ethical enterpreneurial coalitions that co-produce commons)
- stream 2: recreating political voice and power, through bottom up Assemblies of the Commons and Chamber of the Commons that put forward social charters, AND through "top-down" progressive coalitions (through existing politics and parties) coalitions around the commons , i.e. 'the politics and policies of the commons', that continue our efforts to implement Commons Transition Plans.
- stream 3: creating synergies between cooperative peer production and sustainability, i.e. showing how a transition to the new mode of production, governance and ownership, can solve the ecological / climate crisis
Catalan-Language ; Chinese-Language - Croation-Language - Dutch-Language - French-Language - German-Language - Greek-Language - Hungarian-Language - Italian-Language - Latvian-Language - Malayalam-Language - Mongolian-Language - Polish-Language - Portuguese-Language - Romanian-Language - Russian-Language - Spanish-Language - Swedish-Language - Thai-Language - Serbian-Language
Friends and partners: Appropedia ; Espians ; Fing ; Global Village Network ; Global Swadeshi ; Hipatia ; The Hub ; Institute for Distributed Creativity ; Oekonux ; Open Source Ecology ; OpenKollab ; openMaterials ; Open Manufacturing ; openp2pdesign.org ; P2P Research Group ; Platoniq ; United Diversity; Entrepreneur Commons; Ethical Markets TV;
See also: Our Wiki Neighbours
What our visitors are interested in
Currently this wiki contains
- 29,334 content pages with 93385 total editions.
- 1935 registered users
This wiki have been visited more than 23,511,999; our home page was visited 1,144,923 times. (updated September 04, 2012)
See  and  for an insight into our influence through retweets.
15 most popular articles
- Product Hacking (236,825 views)
- Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Motivation (125,815 views)
- Link List (92,725 views)
- International Commons Conference - 2010 (76,916 views)
- P2P Energy Economy (75,815 views)
- Greek language (68,269 views)
- Transfinancial Economics (63,799 views)
- Commons (56,155 views)
- Crowdsourcing (49,335 views)
- Michel Bauwens/Testimonials (47,607 views)
- Co-Creation (42,180 views)
- Founders (41,052 views)
- Essays (34,866 views)
- Crowdfunding (34,465 views)
- P2P Blog Essay of the Day (31,505 views)