"In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model.
You create a new model and make the old one obsolete.
That, in essence, is the higher service to which we are all being called."
~ Buckminster Fuller ~
Help support our work
Show some love with 13E2PjtLwaN2tYdzPx4TjUzHTcH1hn12oH
or with Paypal.
Welcome to the P2P Foundation
The P2P Foundation is an international organization focused on studying, researching, documenting and promoting peer to peer practices in a very broad sense. This website is our knowledge commons and it's collaboratively built by our community. Learn more...
Towards an Open and Autonomous Internet and Society
We function as a clearinghouse for open/free, participatory/p2p and commons-oriented initiatives.
We aim to be a pluralist network to document, research, and promote peer to peer alternatives. Our political aims could be summarized under the following maxims:
- ending the destruction of the biosphere by abandoning the dangerous conceptions of pseudo-abundance in the natural world (i.e. based on the assumption that natural resources are infinite);
- promoting free cultural exchange by abandoning the innovation-inhibiting conceptions of pseudo-scarcity in the cultural world (i.e. based on the assumption that the free flow of culture needs to be restricted through excessive copyrights etc...).
Can we help you? How to support us?
- How you can help us?; How To Contribute; How to Write for our Wiki; P2P Foundation Wiki Requested Articles
- We are conducting P2P Seminars to assist individuals, organizations and society at large in their efforts to adapt to the new participative world based on social innovation. See the Testimonials page for some reactions. And here is a version of our slide presentation at Slideshare
- Support the P2P Foundation by buying your books at our Bookstore
- Why is participation to the P2P Foundation not totally open?
- Important notice on COPYRIGHT: Fair Use Notice
What our visitors are interested in
Currently this wiki contains
- 26,800 content pages with 85490 total editions.
- 1724 registered users
This wiki have been visited more than 23,511,999; our home page was visited 1,144,923 times. (updated September 04, 2012)
See  and  for an insight into our influence through retweets.
15 most popular articles
- Product Hacking (221,820 views)
- Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Motivation (124,407 views)
- P2P Energy Economy (69,090 views)
- International Commons Conference - 2010 (68,503 views)
- Link List (63,617 views)
- Greek language (61,355 views)
- Commons (54,178 views)
- Transfinancial Economics (53,591 views)
- Crowdsourcing (46,886 views)
- Michel Bauwens/Testimonials (42,424 views)
- Co-Creation (40,021 views)
- Founders (38,632 views)
- Essays (32,502 views)
- Crowdfunding (31,435 views)
- Abundance vs. Scarcity (28,448 views)
Friends and partners: Appropedia ; Espians ; Fing ; Global Village Network ; Global Swadeshi ; Hipatia ; The Hub ; Institute for Distributed Creativity ; Oekonux ; Open Source Ecology ; OpenKollab ; openMaterials ; Open Manufacturing ; openp2pdesign.org ; P2P Research Group ; Platoniq ; United Diversity; Entrepreneur Commons; Ethical Markets TV
See also: Our Wiki Neighbours