Welcome to the P2P Foundation
The P2P Foundation is an international organization focused in studying, researching, documenting and promoting peer to peer practices in a very broad sense. This website is our knowledge commons and it's collaboratively build by our community. Learn more...
Towards an Open and Autonomous Internet and Society
We function as a clearinghouse for open/free, participatory/p2p and commons-oriented initiatives.
We aim to be a pluralist network to document, research, and promote peer to peer alternatives. Our political aims could be summarized under the following maxims:
- ending the destruction of the biosphere by abandoning the dangerous conceptions of pseudo-abundance in the natural world (i.e. based on the assumption that natural resources are infinite);
- promoting free cultural exchange by abandoning the innovation-inhibiting conceptions of pseudo-scarcity in the cultural world (i.e. based on the assumption that the free flow of culture needs to be restricted through excessive copyrights etc...).
Can we help you? How to support us?
- How you can help us?; How To Contribute; How to Write for our Wiki; P2P Foundation Wiki Requested Articles
- We are conducting P2P Seminars to assist individuals, organizations and society at large in their efforts to adapt to the new participative world based on social innovation. See the Testimonials page for some reactions. And here is a version of our slide presentation at Slideshare
- Support the P2P Foundation by buying your books at our Bookstore
- Why is participation to the P2P Foundation not totally open?
- Important notice on COPYRIGHT: Fair Use Notice
What our visitors are interested in
Currently this wiki contains
- 28,160 content pages with 89604 total editions.
- 1825 registered users
This wiki have been visited more than 17,635,206; our home page was visited 837,380 times. (updated January 11, 2012)
See  and  for an insight into our influence through retweets.
15 most popular articles
- Product Hacking (231,074 views)
- Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Motivation (125,399 views)
- Link List (89,355 views)
- International Commons Conference - 2010 (74,377 views)
- P2P Energy Economy (74,187 views)
- Greek language (64,201 views)
- Transfinancial Economics (57,595 views)
- Commons (55,173 views)
- Crowdsourcing (48,495 views)
- Michel Bauwens/Testimonials (45,816 views)
- Co-Creation (41,277 views)
- Founders (39,499 views)
- Essays (33,934 views)
- Crowdfunding (33,218 views)
- Abundance vs. Scarcity (29,094 views)
15 most active contributors
Friends and partners: Appropedia ; Espians ; Fing ; Global Village Network ; Global Swadeshi ; Hipatia ; The Hub ; Institute for Distributed Creativity ; Oekonux ; Open Source Ecology ; OpenKollab ; openMaterials ; Open Manufacturing ; openp2pdesign.org ; P2P Research Group ; Platoniq ; United Diversity; Entrepreneur Commons; Re-public; Ethical Markets TV
See also: Our Wiki Neighbours