Our Own P2P Presentations
- Vision Statement
- Lecture on Peer production, governance, and property. Australia, 2007
- What is Peer to Peer?. Edited by Valentin Spirik.
- Vinay Gupta on Changing the Culture of Violence and Speaking Truth to Power: very powerful intervention
- Eben Moglen on Social Change without Coercion - this is an absolute must see! (also: Eben Moglen on the Commons as an Actor in Transforming the Global Political Economy)
- Mark Pesce on Hyperpolitics, rousing speech on the effects of hyper-empowerment.
- Chris Cook on Peak Credit and Open Capital: excellent video presentation on an alternative ownership scheme
- Eric von Hippel on User Centered Innovation: in fact, for a long time already, users (and user communities) have been responsible for most industrial innovations!!
- Charles Leadbeater on the Rise of the Amateur Professional
- Astra Taylor on the Experience of Unschooling: personal experiences of growing up home-schooled without a curriculum or schedule
- Stefano Zamagni on Cooperatives as a Counterpoint to Corporatism
Lists and directories:
- 50 Awesome Online Lectures on Social Media
- 24 Hours on Craigslist, on the social aspects of Craigslist
- 60 Minutes on the One Laptop Per Child project
- Another Perfect World : 30 minute preview of a documentary on the impact of virtual worlds
- Borrowing Culture in the Remix Age: 24 minute student documentary
- The Code: finnish documentary about the Free Software Movement
- Code Breakers
- Copyright Criminals
- Delivered in Beta: testimonials on the motivation and reasons for sharing designers, by open designers, 8 minutes, well done
- Digital Tipping Point, A treasure trove of archival material in preparation of a full open source movie about the impact of free software and open technology on our civilization.
- DIY Britain: on the growing Resilience movement in the UK
- FabLab World Tour Documentary ; "Making Living Sharing"
- From Pamphlet to Blog
- Good Copy, Bad Copy and Steal This Film: documentaries on copyright
- Handmade Nation: Documentary on the DIY Craft Movement emerging in the U.S. and elsewhere. trailer]
- "History of the Internet" is an animated documentary explaining the inventions from time-sharing to filesharing, from Arpanet to Internet. The history is told using the PICOL icons on picol.org.
- Humanity Lobotomy, excellent open source documentary on the threat against Net Neutrality
- Luck of Seven, open source journey through the world documenting free culture
- Makers, on the do it yourself renaissance
- A New We, documentary on 10 ecovillages in Europe
- The Next Web Documentary = five interviews on the future of the web
- Patent Absurdity
- Re Purpose: A look into the hardware hacking community in Montreal, including the Foulab collective
- Revolution OS = 2001 documentary on the free sofware / open source software revolution
- The Revolution Will Be Animated: presents multiple viewpoints on copyright in the digital age
- RiP: A remix manifesto: documentary on Remix Culture and its Copyright implications
- Second Skin: how lives have been changed by Massive Multiplayer Online Games.
- Steal This Film
- Thinking Cities
- This Land is Our Land. The Fight to Reclaim the Commons. Written by David Bollier et al.
- Truth in Numbers, about Wikipedia
- Twittamentary: a documentary about the impact of Twitter on our lives.
- Us Now: a documentary film project about the power of mass collaboration, government and the Internet.
- Vlogumentary, documentary project on the history of Vlogging, i.e. video blogging 
- Welcome to the Blogosphere - PBS
- Weblog Project
- When Copyright Goes Bad
- Wikirebels 
- The Corporation: "a brilliant look at how corporations have all of the rights of a citizen with none of the responsibilities and how totally frightening that is"
- Crude Impact
- Decentralized Energy
- The End of Suburbia
- Flow: the fight against the privatisation of the water commons
- The Future of Food
- In Debt We Trust, remarkable documentary about personal aspects of debt crisis
- Money as Debt: fundamental to understand the inequities inherent in the current monetary system
- The Story of Stuff: the ecologically devastating lifecycle of current product
- Echo Chamber Project
- War Tapes
- Many documentaries can be seen online through the Documentary Online Network
- Best Online Documentaries, by topic
- Free Documentaries: great collection of documentaries viewable for free online. Other good sources for free documentary films online are: moviesfoundonline.com, bodocus.com
- Documentary Tube
- Top Documentary Films: watch online or download
Recommended Instructional Videos
This is an absolute must see:
- The Machine is US
- RSS in Plain English; Howard Rheingold Introduces RSS
- Social Bookmarking in Plain English; Howard Rheingold Introduces Social Bookmarking
- Wikis in Plain English ; 21 Days of Wiki Adoption
- Social Networking in Plain English
- Online Photo Sharing in Plain English
- Blogs in Plain English
- Twitter in Plain English
- Howard Rheingold on Making Stuff in Second Life
- How to Behave on an Internet Forum
Open Source or Collaborative Open Movies
See also: Open Source Film Making
- Check out the participatory documentary makers of Plug-in TV !!
- Indymedia Video Distribution Network
- OpenFlix and the Public-Domain Movie Database directories, to identify fiction movies
- Open Source Movie
- List of works available under Creative Commons
- List of open content films
- Artemis Eternal: community-funded and supported SF movie
- Boy Who Never Slept: a full length dramatic comedy released under the CC-NC-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike) 2.5 license.
- Cactuses: a dramatic movie released in 2006 under the Creative Commons CC-NC-ND (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs) 2.5 license.
- The Cosmonaut: crowdfunded by 2 pound contributions onwards, and CC-licensed
- Elephants Dream: a 3D short film made using open source software, and released under the Creative Commons CC-BY license.
- God's Companion, a full length 3D movie made using open source software.
- http://mashupmovie.wikispaces.com/ Mashup Movie Project], a collaborative open content film to be released under CC-NC-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike) license.
- Nothing So Strange , "an "open source" film. While the filmmakers' final cut of the film itself is protected by an "all rights reserved" copyright, the raw footage that makes up the film is open source."
- Pioneer One: s-f TV crowdfunded via kickstarter and distributed via VODO
- Plumiferos: Argentinian project 
- Route 66: the first full length open source film ever, released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license in 2004, and available in English and German.
- Sanctuary: first shortfilm to use professional actors and crew in a Creative Commons licensed production (2005).
- Star Wreck: a series of Finnish Star Trek parody movies started by Samuli Torssonen in 1992 ; the most successfull internet distributed movie of all time (see also: Iron Sky
- Swarm of Angels: a movie to be released under the Creative Commons CC-NC-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike) license.
- Unfold, which produced the first Open Source Film Trailer
- Valkaama, a collaborative Open Source movie to to be released under the Creative Commons by-sa (Attribution-ShareAlike) license 3.0.
- Big Buck Bunny: shortfilm made with the Free Software program Blender; released under the Creative Commons CC-BY license
- BloodSpell: Machinima series available under CC
- Stray Cinema, an online competition that requires people to remix a 2-minute film using the source footage from a film shot in New Zealand. Footage released under the CC-NC-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike) 2.0 license.
Videosharing: Best Of
- Mashups, Stop Motion, Animations & Short Films: part of a list compiled by Alec Courosa, focusing on Remix Culture.
- Best Viral Videos of 2009; Most Watched YouTube Videos of 2009
- Best Online Videos of 2008
- Viral Video Chart: the most popular at any given time
- Top 10 viral political videos in 2008 ; Time Top 10 viral videos ; 100 Most Iconic YouTube Videos
- Lawrence Lessig's choice of best remix culture videos, see bottom of this article
- Most Watched Viral Videos of All Time
- List of YouTube Celebrities
- current understandings and definitions of openness in video through pre-selected video clips, curated by Creative Commons spokesperson and researcher Sanna Marttila and artist-researcher Petri Kola.
- Most popular online courses
- 15 Flash Mob Videos
For research, see this YouTube Bibliography: "A place to share research sources for the study of online video", maintained by Michael Strangelove.
Our Thematic Indexes
- P2P Videos on Business and Economics
- P2P Videos on Culture and Media
- P2P Videos on Internet Technology
- P2P Videos on Politics and E-Democracy
- The BBC recommends the five best machinima's of 2007.
- A Vision of Students Today: a short video summarizing some of the most important characteristics of students today, created by Michael Wesch in collaboration with 200 students at Kansas State University.
- Upload Cinema: see the best of online in a real cinema (Dutch initiative); Clip Kino: Finnish initiative