|Hi. I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Materials Science & Engineering and the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering at Michigan Technological University, where I currently run the Michigan Tech in Open Sustainability Technology (MOST) group.
I am also an adjunct prof. at the Department of Mechanical & Materials Engineering at Queens University, Canada where I run the Applied Sustainability Group Queens Applied Sustainability Group.
My primary hub in the wikiverse is on Appropedia. Please feel free to drop me a line
The Michigan Tech Open Sustainability Technology (MOST) research group specializes in solar photovoltaic technology from the materials to the devices and full systems. You can read about our work here and our open research wiki space on Appropedia is here
I am interested in making technologies that drive sustainable development - open source appropriate technologies. Using the P2P as a force multiplier for local self-sufficiency and sustainability anywhere in the world.
P2P Focused Projects
- Open-Source Lab: How to Build Your Own Hardware and Reduce Research Costs
- Peer to peer finance mechanisms to support renewable energy growth
- Open source 3-D printing of OSAT
- Open source appropriate technology
- The Case for Open Source Appropriate Technology
- Open-source 3D-printable optics equipment
- Open-source colorimeter
- Building Research Equipment with Free, Open-Source Hardware
- Open-source development of solar photovoltaic technology
- Life-cycle economic analysis of distributed manufacturing with open-source 3-D printers