We recommend the special collection, maintained by Furtherfield.org:
- Collaboration and Freedom – The World of Free and Open Source Art: This is a collection of artworks, texts and resources about freedom and openness in the arts, in the age of the Internet. Freedom to collaborate – to use, modify and redistribute ideas, artworks, experiences, media and tools.
- Key Article: DIWO (Do-It-With-Others): Artistic Co-Creation as a Decentralized Method of Peer Empowerment in Today’s Multitude. Marc Garret. 
- Net Art and Pro-Commons Activism. By Juan Martín Prada.
- How networked culture differs from postmodernism. Kazys Varnelis 
- DIWO: Do It With Others – No Ecology without Social Ecology. By Marc Garrett, Ruth Catlow - Furtherfield, 26/01/2013 
- Collectives -
- Dark Matter: Art and Politics in the Age of Enterprise Culture, Gregory Sholette, Pluto Press, 2010 : "Radical Social Production and the Missing Mass of the Contemporary Art World :"The premise of this book is that the formal economy of contemporary art is dependent upon a previously suppressed sphere of informal, non-market, social production involving systems of gift exchange, cooperative networks, distributed knowledge, and collective activities, which is becoming increasingly visible and potentially threatening to the symbolic and fiscal cohesion of high culture, especially in its most politicized form as interventionist art. 
- Net Works: Case Studies in Web Art and Design. Edited by Xtine Burrough. Routledge, 2011
- 3er Inclusiva-net Meeting: Net.art (second epoch). The Evolution of Artistic Creation in the Net-system, Buenos Aires, Argentina, March 2009
- 1er Inclusiva-net Meeting: New Art Dynamics in Web 2 mode
- Aesthetic Commons and the Enclosures of Instituting Autonomies. By Jordi Claramonte. 
- Commons-Based Peer Production and Artistic Expression in Greece ; Kostakis, V. & Drechsler, W.
- IDC - http://distributedcreativity.org/
- Nettime - http://www.nettime.org/
New Media Art Web Zines and Blogs
Media labs that explore collaboration between art, science and technology
- Ars Electronica FutureLab: Ars Electronica's focus has been on the tension and interplay at the nexus of art, technology and society. Formulating and implementing the future manifestations of this interaction is the chosen mission of the Ars Electronica Futurelab.
- Media Lab Prado - http://medialab-prado.es
- Eyebeam - http://eyebeam.org/
Galleries that have a particular interest in openess and art.
Pages in category "Art"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 227 total.(previous 200) (next 200)