Section dedicated to the p2p-oriented practices of cooperation and collaboration.
- Free Cooperation. Christopher Spehr.
- Wikipedia and the Politics of Mass Collaboration. Nathaniel Tkacz, The University of Melbourne, Australia . A critique of the non-political interpretations of cooperation. 
Compiled by via Jennifer Sertl:
- Synthetic Overview of Collaborative Economy http://p2p.coop/files/reports/collaborative-economy-2012.pdf by Michel Bauwens & P2P Foundation
- Six Ways to Empower Yourself With Others http://sourcesofinsight.com/the-people-factor-six-ways-to-empower-yourself-with-others Faisal Hoque
- Too Big To Know Where the Smartest Person in the Room is the Room http://m.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/01/to-know-but-not-understand-david-weinberger-on-science-and-big-data/250820/
- The Individuation of Ideas http://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/08/the-individuation-of-ideas-jennifer-sertl/
- Why we need each other http://soc.li/eBnY8Rj
- Lessons from Edison & Collaborative Innovation http://www.fastcompany.com/3002977/learning-edison-sarah-miller-caldicotts-new-book-explores-collaborative-innovation
- Future Work Skills 2020 http://www4.unescobkk.org/nespap/sites/default/files/SR-1382A%20UPRI%20future%20work%20skills_sm.pdf … via @iftf+1 virtual collaboration
- Synthesis in Collaborative Flow http://collaborationdna.com/2012/11/09/synthesis-cdna16p/ … by @sournce pov via @collabdna
- Interprofessional Collaborative Practice http://www.aacn.nche.edu/education-resources/ipecreport.pdf …
- What Collaborative Leaders Knowhttp://seapointcenter.com/what-collaborative-leader-know/
Three key books recommended by David Bollier:
- Samuel Bowles and Herbert Gintis, "A Cooperative Species: Human Reciprocity and Its Evolution" Princeton U. Press, 2011: evolutionary science, complexity theory and high-level scientific scholarship on the topic
- Martin A. Nowak, "Super Cooperators: Altruism, Evolution and Why We Need Each Other to Succeed". Free Press, 2011: Nowak is a mathematical biologist and evolutionary scientist. Very readable book.
- Yochai Benkler, "The Penguin and the Leviathan: How Cooperation Triumphs over Self-Interest"
Benkler's popular overview of the literature on cooperation
- Richard Sennett. Together: The Rituals, Pleasures, and Politics of Cooperation. Yale University Press, 2012.
- Gintis, Herbert, Samuel Bowles, et al., Moral Sentiments and Material Interests: The Foundations of Cooperation in Economic Life (MIT Press, 2005).
- Hyde, Lewis, The Gift: Imagination and the Erotic Life of Property (Vintage Books, 1979).
- Kropotkin, Peter, Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution (Boston: Porter Sargent Publishers/ Extending Horizons Books, reprint of 1914 edition).
- Linn, Karl, Building Commons and Community (Oakland, California: New Village Press, 2007).
(Neo)Traditional Gifting/Sharing/Cooperative Practices:
Via Co-Creative Recipes:
- Ayni: a term with a meaning that’s closely related to minga. It describes a system of work and family reciprocity among members
- Bayanihan: in the Philippines,'communal unity'
- Córima: The Rarámuri people of Mexico’s Chihuahua mountains use the word “córima” to describe an act of solidarity with someone who’s having trouble.
- Gadugi: a term used in the Cherokee language which means “working together” or “cooperative labor” within a community
- Gotong-Royong: in parts of Indonesia and Malaysia, Gotong-royong is a cooperation among many people to attain a shared goal with ideas of reciprocity or mutual aid.
- Guelaguetza: a cross between a potlatch and a tequio. The term describes “a reciprocal exchange of goods and services”.
- Harambee: a Kenyan tradition of community self-help events, e.g. playdraising or development activities. Harambee literally means “all pull together” in Swahili
- Imece: a name given for a traditional Turkish village-scale collaboration.
- Maloka: (or maloka in Portuguese) is an indigenous communal house found in the indigenous Amazon region of Colombia and Brazil.
- Meitheal: the Irish word for a work team, gang, or party and denotes the co-operative labour system in Ireland where groups of neighbours help each other in turn with farming work
- Mutirão: This is originally a Tupi term used in Brazil to describe collective mobilizations based on non-remunerated mutual help.
- Naffīr: an Arabic word used in parts of Sudan (including Kordofan, Darfur, parts of the Nuba mountains and Kassala) to describe particular types of communal work undertakings.
- Tequio: a very popular type of work for collective benefit in the Zapotec culture. Community members contribute materials or labor to carry out construction work for the community.
Related Wiki sections
- Material on "Participation", http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Participation
- Cooperatives, http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Cooperation ; http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Cooperatives
- Material on "Facilitation", http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Facilitation
- Material on "Collective Intelligence", http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Intelligence
- The emerging Sharing Economy, http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Sharing
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Collaboration Software (44 P)
Pages in category "Cooperation"
The following 153 pages are in this category, out of 153 total.
- Carolina Rossini on the Industrial Cooperation Project
- Center for Cooperative Research
- Charles Leadbeater on Collaborative Innovation
- Charlie Gandy on Creating Charismatic Communities
- Charlotte Hess on Crafting New Commons for Collaboration, Participation, and Sustainability
- Collaboration by Difference
- Collaboration in the Absence of Authority
- Collaboration Loop
- Collaboration Marketing
- Collaboration Pyramid
- Collaboration Theory
- Collaboration Tool
- Collaborative Authorship
- Collaborative Citizen Journalism
- Collaborative Content Distribution
- Collaborative Defense
- Collaborative Fiction
- Collaborative Innovation at Michelin
- Collaborative Innovation Networks
- Collaborative Intelligence
- Collaborative Investment Research
- Collaborative Moderation
- Collaborative Organization
- Collaborative Photojournalism
- Collaborative Planning
- Collaborative Rationality for Public Policy
- Collaborative Technology
- Collaborative Value Creation
- Collaborative Writing Tools
- Communal Work
- Contingent Cooperation
- Cooperation Commons Maps
- Cooperation in Evolution
- Cooperation Interdiscipline Map
- Cooperation Project
- Cooperation Science
- Cooperation Studies
- Cooperation Works
- Cooperative Capitalism
- Cooperative Content Distribution Model
- Cooperative Cycles
- Cooperative Economics
- Cooperative Innovation at Aventis
- Cooperative Inquiry
- Cooperative Intelligence
- Cooperative Learning
- Cooperative Resilience in the Wake of Disasters
- Cooperative Wealth Building
- Coordination Theory and Collaboration Technology
- Culture of Contest
- Dave Pollard on Collaboration
- David Coleman on the Best Research in Collaboration
- Disclosing Information about the Self is Intrinsically Rewarding
- Discussion Affordances for Natural Collaborative Exchange
- Distributed Problem Solving
- DNA of Collaboration
- Don Tapscott about Complexity and Collaborative Problem Solving
- Don Tapscott on Cooperation through Networked Intelligence
- Don Tapscott on Mass Collaboration
- Hazel Henderson on the Coming Age of Worldwide Cooperation
- How Cooperation Triumphs over Self-Interest
- How To Address Between-Groups Cooperation
- Howard Rheingold
- Howard Rheingold Introduces Cooperation Studies
- Howard Rheingold on Cooperation Theory
- Howard Rheingold on the History and Future of Cooperation
- Howard Rheingold's Introduction to Cooperation Theory
- Human Reciprocity and Its Evolution
- Human Symbolic Revolution
- Mark Elliot
- Mark Krynsky on X Prizes, Cooperation, and Influence
- Marrk Pagel on the Natural History of Human Cooperation
- Martin Nowak and Roger Highfield on Cooperation in Human and Natural Evolution
- Mass Collaboration
- Mass Collaboration Dissertation
- Massively Collaborative Mathematics
- Meta Collab
- R and D-I-Y
- Real-Time Organigraphs for Collaboration Awareness
- Richard Sennett on the Architecture of Cooperation
- Rise of Talent Networks
- Rishab Ghosh on 200 Years of Collaborative Ownership
- Rituals, Pleasures, and Politics of Cooperation
- Robert Wright on the Evolution of Cooperation
- Ron Burt on How Collaboration Networks Can Foster Innovation